Adventure may hurt, but monotony will kill you.
Transcript of 11 Reasons why EVERYONE Should Travel
1. Wanderlust – Wanderlust is a strange word but what does it mean? Descended from the German word “Wandern” meaning to walk and ‘Lust’ which is described as a “A very strong or irresistible impulse. In short, Wanderlust means a very strong impulse to travel. All you know is that you want to travel and you want to travel NOW!
2. Travel Creates Meaningful Relationships. – People you meet while on the road become some of the most valued names on your contact list. The very least you’ll find is someone with the same desire to travel and experience different countries and cultures as you. Every new friend or person you hang out with can mean a new story, adventure or even meeting the love of your life. Who knows?
3. Travel Gives You Better Perspective. – Meeting people from other cultures will teach you that the way you’ve been looking at the world isn’t the way everybody else does. You get a bigger picture of the world. Your thinking is altered and things will not seem the same to you. Your point-of-view might have some major blind spots. Seeing the world for yourself will improve your vision and your grip on reality. You will grow and you will not remain the same person that left home a few days back.
4. Travel Helps You Learn New Languages – People speak diverse languages over the world and they have their own ways of communicating. There’s something satisfying about being able to throw around a few words of Greek, knowing how to say thanks in Thai. Traveling gives you the chance to understand others and even learn a new language.
5. Travel Helps You in Your Digital Detox – It’s healthy for everyone to have break from the digital world every once in a while. Turn your gadgets off. Better yet, find somewhere with no reception and no WI-FI so that you don’t have a choice. It’s liberating and allows you to better enjoy the ‘here and now’, which nicely ties into the following point.
6. Travel Means Adventure. – Travel is the perfect time to do something different and exciting, especially something you can’t do at home. The thrill starts the minute you land in a new place. Conquering that territory could be trying spicy Thai street food or conversing in Madrid with your rusty college Spanish. Or it could be a physical experience, like bungee jumping in New Zealand or zip lining over the jungle canopy in Peru. People are hardwired for the excitement of adventure and travel may just be the best way to tap into it.
7. Travel Satisfies Your Taste Buds – The main reason why some people travel is food. Pretty basic, but still one of the biggest pleasures in life. Speak to locals and find out how they cook certain dishes, what ingredients they use and why.
8. Travel Helps You Escape – A wise man once said that never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life. Money is worth nothing if you cannot spend it on a little adventure. People seek from their travels what they don’t have back home: better weather, nicer scenery, the freedom to do what they want, experiences they can’t normally have, a slower relaxing pace. While we are deeply involved in our hectic schedule, we forget that time is slipping through our fingers. Escape life for a little while because an experience is far more valuable than money will ever be. Travel has the power to let you not only escape but also heal. A new place with lots of fun distractions can work wonders. You’ll return home more at peace with yourself and your challenging situations.
9. Travel Helps You Relax and Rejuvenate – A restful vacation is just what you need to renew yourself. Being away from your workplace and not having to worry about the piles of files and being away from your boss for a few days is pure bliss. The purpose of life, isn’t staying rooted at one place, but it is about exploring all the possibilities and reaching out to a richer life.
10. Travel Helps You Find Yourself – Getting away from home gives you the opportunity to reflect on your life. You have the needed time and space to let your mind wander and take stock. Traveling is one of the best ways to learn more about yourself. Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere and sometimes in the middle of yourself you find yourself. Traveling lets you discover yourself. you find out your capabilities. If you do it alone, when everything that worries you has taken a step to the side, you can learn so much about what you love and what you don’t, finding a more “defined” version of you in the way.
11. Travel Helps You Break Through Your Comfort Zone – If you look back at all the amazing memories of your life, you will realize that most of them were out of your comfort zone. It sucks to be stuck in a rut. Everyone knows what that’s like. A big trip can be your perfect solution. Fly around the world, stopping over in all of the places you’ve always wanted to visit. Traveling is dangerous, full of life-threatening possibilities and will not always be comfortable, but at the same time, it gives irreplaceable memories, amazing friends from around the world and turns you into a new person, a person full of life. Adventure may hurt, but monotony will kill you.